Why choose us?
- We are thoroughly trained and rigorously tested in our knowledge of the law.
- We abide by a professional code of conduct.
- We have insurance – professional indemnity insurance – in case something goes wrong.
- We are regulated by an independent body to ensure that they act in an ethical and professional manner – the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA No. 620758).
- We will probably have dealt with the same or a very similar issue to the one you have, so will have experience in how to handle the situation.
- We can take instructions in Welsh or English.
Approachable, expert, friendly
Looking after your affairs
More than ever, as we all live longer, there is a need to be able to share collective wealth with the other generations of our family while we’re still around. This is the essence of ‘intergenerational wealth management’.
If your children or parents need financial assistance, you may want to transfer some of your wealth during your lifetime, rather than wait for your Will to take effect.
You may want to help parents with expensive long-term care costs, or to support a child with a deposit for their first home. Perhaps you have decided to pay the education fees for a grandchild. But at the same time you will be trying to ensure your family wealth lasts through your own, possibly extended, retirement.
Making a gift of certain amounts of money or assets can be a valuable exemption from Inheritance Tax. This can be doubly valuable if, for example grandparents’ gift to grandchildren who then make pension contributions.
There are various ways to make gifts exempt, and we can advise you on the best options available to suit your own personal circumstances.